Wednesday, June 9, 2010

ROAD TRIP!

I'm driving to Gainesville, FL tomorrow morning! For a wedding! I love road trips, but the last few I've gone on I haven't been able to shake a nagging guilty feeling. So much gas and CO2 just so I can see the Country Music Hall of Fame or something. Gainesville is nearly 700 miles away, we'll be driving clean across three states. But I wouldn't deny anyone the pleasure of a road trip with friends (with a stop at South of the Border!). Here's how I'll be driving with a clear conscience:
-Follow these EPA tips for maintaining good fuel economy
-Travel vegan: A diet without animal products is significantly less stressful on the environment. I'm packing the car with pretzels, carrot sticks, cucumbers, grapes, almonds, and celery with peanut butter!
-We're leaving early in the morning to take advantage of the cool morning weather. If it gets too hot in the car, or if we hit bad traffic, we can stop and relax or explore. Idling wastes a lot of gas, as does the air conditioner. If you're going over 45 mph, however, it is more gas efficient to roll the windows up and use the AC instead.

How do you save gas when travelling? How do you save money? Here are some reviews of the hotel I booked us in for $50 a night:
"I hate it when hair is able to be seen in bathrooms, on the floor, and in baths. It is nauseating."
"This was my most disappointed experience with hotel."
But there's a rooftop pool! Here's too many happy and safe travels this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment